This is a quiz from my knitting and Pokémon Go friend Karen http://nothingbutknit2.wordpress.com and I agree it’s a good way to know what makes others tick. So here are my answers:
1. What was the last food you ate? Apple Pie, I made myself.
2. Do you sleep with socks on? Oh dear god NO, I can’t stand my feet confined in bed.
3. Worst physical pain you’ve had? Fell running down a snowy driveway, hit the only boulder. Knocked out 5 front teeth and tore open my finger.
4. Favourite place you have ever been? St Tropez, France and Cornwall, England, can’t decide.
5. How late did you stay up last night? 11:00
6. If you could move somewhere else, where would it be? I tend to Grow where I’m Planted but a few places I’ve been just feel like home. The Cotswolds, England in a big manor house.
7. What is your favourite sport? To watch: NASCAR. To do: skiing, black diamonds.
8. When was the last time you cried? Whenever I see what happens to innocent children and animals all over the world because of greed and war.
9. Who took your profile pic? Myself
10. Two of your favourite movies? Home Alone and The Godfather
11. What’s your favourite season? Can’t choose, they all have their glorious splendor and they all get old at the end.
12. If you could have any career what would it be? Operations manager of a large shipping yard or to work anywhere at CERN in Switzerland (the Large Haldron Collider; particle physics).
13. What was the last book you read? Quantum Gravity by Lee Smollen, it’s not a novel, I’m fascinated by particle physics.
14. If you could talk to ANYONE right now who would it be? My chihuahua, I would love to know what goes on in that brain of hers.
15. Are you a good influence on other people? I think I am, I had 9 children and so I’m a perpetual mother; scouting out the issues and finding the best solutions, even if it means doing nightingale about them. I’m a firm believer of “Don’t do for someone what they can do for themselves”. Model, show how, then let them figure it out for themselves. Create a citizen, not a dependent. Goes for everyone.
16. Does pineapple belong on a pizza? No, No NO! Pineapple doesn’t belong anywhere in my world. It’s sticky, overky sweet and that smell! After my last pregnancy I couldn’t stand even the thought of it.
17. You have the remote, what show is on? Star Trek (except the first series, I can’t watch bad film cinematography and lighting) so excited they are bringing back Jean Luc Picard for 2020.
18. Last text message: Looks like Kevin Harvick is going to win at Texas again, where’s my Bobblehead? (You seriously have to follow NASCAR to understand this one. The text was to my daughter who went with me to the Texas race last year and we had a blast).
19. What’s the last concert you’ve been to? Sting, in Paris. 2016. It was amazing.
20. Favorite food: lemon tarts also in Paris.
21. Favorite album all-time? Eat a Peach, Allman Brothers
22. Favorite day of the week? Thursday
23. Have you ever drank alcohol? Only on very special occasions maybe twice a year.
24. Did you go to college? Some as a kid, then finished my bachelor of Business when my youngest was in high school. Had to retake all the math but it was worth it. Wish I had gotten a physics degree.
25. Have you ever experienced depression? No, not in my nature.